Friday, July 9, 2010

The week of remembering our blessings...

WOW...

what a week. While most were bbq-ing and watching fireworks, devin and I woke up mid day (we're on night shifts) to this surprise... Apparently it was from two floors up and coming through the walls of our new remodeled apt. Best part, the maintenance man lied and said he had checked it out...by the looks and sounds of it....it was far from being "checked out"...

It was finally attended to and didn't ruin THAT much in our apt except three rolls of toilet paper, and the baseboard in the bathroom.



Then to top the week off, I went out to gina and found her with out two of her shoe's. WHA?? yea, gina was robbed and violated. sad sad day just ask my mom who had to listen to me.


On a positive note:

we received our fabulous sofa....
Fantastic co-workers from the hop came up to visit :)
we still have one another....
and we have the weekend off :)

We are blessed!

4 comments:

  1. wow - that is intense...

    Way to count your blessings though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Count your blessings one by one;)'. I can't believe someone will do such thing! I hope things are going better this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( So sad!!! My dad's new wheels on his truck were stolen when I was in high school from our driveway and it thwarted my attempt to go to seminary that day (which I was probably less sad about than the fact the wheels were gone as a typical teenager) but it was a really sad surprise to find! Sorry to hear you went through that. :( Glad that the water didn't do more damage in your bathroom though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kristi-that's incredible. The pic of Gina cracks me up, in a very sad way.
    P.S. Love the new couch!

    ReplyDelete